West Bend, WI. 53090
Sponsorship: Flat-Track level 2
Type Riding: Flat-Track
Vehicle: 2000 HD 883 Sportster
Vehicle: 1996 HD 750 Sportster
Vehicle: C&J Rotax
Vehicle: 2003 Honda CRF450
Practice Vehicle: 2004 Honda CRF250
Team Name: DeRuyter Racing
GOALS AND AMBITIONS FOR 2005
I plan on racing the entire AMA Progressive Insurance US Flat Track circuit and finish the top 20 in points. Plan to win the Harley Davidson Sportster Performance Series.
I will also race in the National SuperMotard series races on off weekends from AMA Fl and also compete in the Regional SuperMotard series races in Elkhart Lake, WI.
2005 Season Updates:
10-1-05, AMA FORD QUALITY CHECKED FLAT TRACK CHAMPIONSHIP - DU QUOIN STATE FAIRGROUNDS, DU QUOIN, ILLINOIS – (MILE)
- Harley-Davidson Sportster Performance Series Main event results 16th place
- 2005 HARLEY-DAVIDSON SPORTSTER PERFORMANCE SERIES POINT STANDINGS 11th Place
- 505 Expert Main event results 15th
8-29-05, AMA Pro Racing, Ford Quality Checked Flat Track Championship - Sedalia, MO
- Heat race 1 results 10th
- Semi race 3 results 6th
- Harley-Davidson Sportster Performance Series Main event results 6th overall
- Heat race 3 results 5th
- AMA HARLEY-DAVIDSON SPORTSTER PERFORMANCE SERIES POINT STANDINGS 8-29-05 11th Place
8-21-05, PEORIA RACE PARK, PEORIA, ILLINOIS - (TOURIST TROPHY)
- Heat race 2 results 8th
- Semi race 1 results 3rd
8-8-05, AMA Pro Racing Ford Quality Checked Flat Track Championship - Farley, IA
- Heat race 2 results 9th
- Semi race 1 results 8th
- Heat race 3 results 6th
- AMA HARLEY-DAVIDSON SPORTSTER PERFORMANCE SERIES POINT STANDINGS 13th overall
7-30-05, AMA GRAND NATIONAL AT HAGERSTOWN 12-lap Harley Davidson 883 Sportster Performance Feature: 10th Place
5-29-05, ILLINOIS STATE FAIRGROUNDS, SPRINGFIELD, ILLINOIS – (MILE)
- AMA Harley-Davidson Sportster Performance Series Main event results 15th overall, Heat race 1 results 5th
- 2004 - Finished 9th in the Harley Davidson Sportster Performance Series in my first year in this division.
- 2003 - Raced full AMA Progressive Insurance US Flat Track circuit.
Finished 11th at Sheboygan County Fairgrounds in the Formula USA series event in the Pro Singles class.
Placed 17th at Power Com Park event.
Finished 11th in the Pro Twins class at Power Com Park in Beaver Dam.
- 2002 - Raced selected Grand National and local races but raced for no championships for dirttrack.
This year was my first full season of the SuperMotard series. I finished 3rd in the Premier class for the SuperMotard series in Wisconsin.
- 2001 - Finished 2nd in the Wisconsin Professional Dirttrack championship.
- 2000 - Raced selected races and didn't race for a points championship.
I raced a few races in the Wisconsin Professional Dirttrack Championships and finished 4th overall.
- 1999 - Finished in 2nd place in the Wisconsin 600 pro class points series, and earned enough points to achieve a Grand National license.
I also won many races as an Expert in my first season as an Expert.
- 1998 - Won the State Championship in the 500cc class In District 16.
At the Nationals, I finished 3rd overall in the 250cc Pro sport class.
- 1997 - In January I raced in the National Ice Race in Antigo, WI. I rode in the 250cc class and finished in 6th place.
In District 16 I won the State Championship in the 250cc class finished 4th in the 500cc class.
- 1996 - I finished in 2nd place in District 16.
I competed in the Amateur Nationals in Ionia, Michigan again in July.
In the 250 modified class I placed 5th on the short track, 4th on TT track, 5th on the half mile with an overall 5th place finish.
In the 250 DTX class I placed 3rd on the short track, 5th on the TT track and 4th on the half mile track with a 4th place finish overall.
I raced in Daytona for Daytona Bike Week in February. I placed 2nd in Palatka.
At Municipal Stadium, I placed 3rd and 4th.
In St. Augustine I ended up with a 5th place finish.
- 1995 - Moved up to the 250 class and won my 3rd State Championship.
In July I participated in the Amateur Nationals in Ionia, Michigan.
I finished 6th place on the short track, 7th on the TT track and 8th on the half mile for an overall finish of 5th place.
- 1994 - Rode the 125cc class and finished in 2nd place for the State Championship.
- 1993 - Moved up to a 125cc bike and finished 4th in the State
- 1992 - Rode the 80cc senior class and finished 6th place for the State championship
- 1991 - I finished in 9th place for the State Championship
- 1990 - Rode the 65cc class and finished in 1st place for the State championship.
I also started racing the 80cc junior class and finished in 5th place in the State final standings.
- 1989 - Moved to the 65cc class and finished in 2nd in the State Championship
- 1988 - Won my first State Championship in the 50cc stock class
- 1987 - Finished 2nd in the State Championship in the 50cc stock class
- 1986 - Started racing at 6 years old on a modified 50cc Zinger (Yamaha)
Sponsors: West Bend Harley-Davidson, Mack Daddy Racing, Innovative Technologies, Bob's Harley-Davidson, Jackson Hair Designers, Motion Pro, Smith, Motorex , Greedy Leathers, Cedar Creek Motorsports, Works Performance Products shocks, Wiseco, K&N filters, Motion Pro, Sprocket Specialists, Pro Plates, Advanced Sleeve, WD-40, Titan Designs